1. Have a proper avatar and signature.
2. Useless and off-topic posts will be deleted/edited. Do not bother making posts with only one or two words (e.g., LOL) or a smilie, or post simply to have the first reply in a thread. Such posts waste everyone's time and will be deleted. Posts saying "I agree", "+1", "me too", or the equivalent are also routinely removed.
3. Chattiness. Use the forums to discuss the topic of the thread, not as a substitute for Instant Messaging.
4. Thread titles. Use thread titles that indicate the subject of the thread, not generic titles such as "Need help". Moderators may change thread titles that have no specifics, usually by adding something more specific in parentheses.
5. Don't post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative.
6. Common sense. In the end, use common sense. When you are about to post messages just to increase your post count, or post something you think is funny at someone else's expense, or just to make the first post in a news thread, think to yourself "Is this annoying?" If the answer is yes, don't do it.
Instantly Bannable Offenses:
1. Spam and overposting. Not just being a prolific poster, but posting the same exact post many times, posting multiple pointless posts in the same thread, making numerous posts with no real content, or posting for the purpose of gaining a higher post count. This will get you banned.
2. Harassment. Purposely intimidating a particular member, harassing them, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc. This includes personal attacks on moderators for doing their jobs.
3. Marketing schemes. Members who post referral links to these sites will have their posts/signatures edited and may be subject to banning. New members who post solely for this purpose will be immediately banned.
4. Advertising. Using the forums for advertising or for commercial business deals and offers. You may not make posts to promote commercial, personal, or not-for-profit websites. Threads will be deleted if their purpose is to advertise, announce, or promote products, services, or organizations, build traffic at other websites, solicit donations, votes, or participants for surveys, contests, or product testing, carry out business activities including employment requests/offers, or other similar purposes that do not benefit our forum community. Memberships created solely for such purposes will be banned.
5. Multiple registration. You may register only one account. Reinstatement can come only from an administrator.
6. Shared accounts. Accounts are to be used by only one person, and not shared between family members, friends or any other people. Registration is free, so there is no reason not to create a unique account for each person. You are responsible for any posts made with your account.
7. Hoaxes. Purposely misleading other members to their detriment. Giving advice you know to be incorrect or harmful.
8. Any ongoing actions that make more work for the moderators and administrators or regularly annoy other members and require moderator action. If banning you is easier than dealing with the problems you are causing, you will be banned.